Good friends of ours still live in Germany. We have been friends since 1997 so the boys have all been friends since birth. (Well Caleb was 15 months old when E came along). Anyway, ever since learning that we were moving back overseas the boys have been asking when are we going to see E & A? I wasn't sure when we were going to be able to make it to Germany to see them but I knew that at some point we would.
After speaking to Di several times we finally decided that the boys and I could come visit before they go back to the US for the summer. So James and I got online and checked Ryanair for flight information. We were able to find flights from Venice to Frankfurt for 9,99 Euro per person. Of course, after taxes and fees, it amounted to 233,99 Euro. But that is still pretty cheap. I think it converted to about $380. Not bad for a round trip flight for 3 people.
So the boys and I are here in Germany visiting our friends. The boys (there are 4 of them) are doing a great job of getting along. They do get a little loud at times but there have been no significant disagreements. Thank goodness! They spend a lot of time have Yugi-Oh card battles, playing on the WII, watching Myth Busters, etc. We took them to the Schwimmbad one day and they loved that. And we sent them out to the park as well. Yesterday, they went out to the park on their own.
It has been a nice visit for me as well. Lots of time just spent visiting. Very laid back days with little "scheduled". No stress that way. We were even able to go by our old house and visit with our neighbors - Ulla, Rolf and Nadine. I will post pictures of that later (I don't have my cord connecting the camera to the computer). And yesterday, Di and I picked up pizzas from my favorite pizza place. Da Nicos has moved since I lived here but it only moved around the corner. This was the place that James and I walked to at least once a week during the summer months to get pizza. So good and inexpensive and only about a 2 minute walk from our house. Man, kicking myself now because I should have taken pictures. Oh well, maybe we will go back and I can get a picture of the Italian pizza guys! Anyway, the pizza lived up to my memories. Perfectly done, no soggy spots!
Only 2 more days left here and then the boys and I will return to Italy. Upon our return we will have to start packing. During our absence James has signed lease papers for our house. We will start moving in on Wednesday the 17th. More on that later.
Ciao for now.
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
I'm glad you are having a nice visit in Germany!! So excited that you are moving into a house finally! I am sure that you guys are ready to stretch out and relax in your own home.
Post a Comment