blog background

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jared turns 11

On Tuesday, September 22, Jared turned 11. My baby is now 11 years old. Two more years and he will be a teenager! Ackkk! Not sure if I am ready for 2 teenagers in the house.

Jared's instructions to me on his birthday were simple...large baking potatoes and rib eyes for dinner. Chocolate and vanilla cake with LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of frosting for his birthday cake. This meant I had to make a checkerboard cake for him.



The cake turned out pretty good. Dinner was fabulous. The only problem was I forgot candles for his cake. I searched high and low thinking I had candles but what I discovered was that I only had candle holders - not helpful at this moment.



Even with my crazy Italian oven that doesn't always heat at a constant temperature we still had decent results on the cake. I also bake a no knead bread that night which turned out wonderfully. And the baking potatoes were perfect. Good oven night thank goodness.




As you can see we put a pretty good dent in the cake.

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Happy birthday Jared! The cake looks especially yummy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jared! How awesome! 13 will be here before you know it!....2 years and counting!