No kidding! I just made these cookies today and they are beautiful and OH MY GRAVY tasty!
All you have to do is tweak the recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips a little. Should I let you in on the secret?
HMMM, I don't know. I guess I shouldn't keep this important information to myself.
Okay, so here is what you need to do:
Brown all but 4 tbsps of the butter first. After browning pour the butter in a mixing bowl and add the reserved butter. Stir until melted. Cut the white sugar down from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup. Keep the brown sugar at 3/4 cup. Add the sugar to the melted butter and mix. Instead of 2 eggs ~ use 1 egg and 1 yolk and mix that into the butter/sugar mixture. Wait 3 minutes and mix again. Repeat twice. At this point the butter/sugar/egg mixture will be glossy and the sugar should be dissolved. Add in the flour/baking soda/salt mixture and then the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scoop set on baking sheet and bake about 11-14 minutes. It only took 10 minutes in my crazy Italian oven. Let cool on baking sheet at least 5 minutes or so before removing to cooking rack.
Voila ~ you have the best cookies ever! And they look so so pretty as well.

2 comments:
These look fabulous. We should have a cooking/baking date when i get back. Miss you friend!
I will try this!
Post a Comment