blog background

Friday, February 18, 2011

Project Life - week 8

Big Bang Theory - one of our favorite shows to watch as a family. Such fun... I do believe I may have my very own Sheldon (or two).

My Valentine gift from James - the Amber edition of Project Life ~ exactly what I wanted. (James you are so awesome - thanks Babe!) I am going to use this album to scrapbook the last few years of photos that I neglected. Yeah, so excited to get rid of this guilty feeling that I have for dropping the ball for so long.



James' car after a fender bender. His car won't start, the trunk won't open, the key will only open the front doors using the keyhole and both airbags were deployed. Going to cost more to fix it than it would to buy a new hooptie. Guess we will start looking. Thankfully, we do have another car we can use.


See the little chains, with the black box and red slot? That is for a coin deposit. You stick a euro coin in and it releases the chain. Then you can use your little wheelbarrow, when you return it and insert it into the chain, out pops your coin.



These 4 wheelbarrows are locked up and ready to be used at the local Friedhof (cemetary).




German cemetaries are so well maintained. Beautiful monuments to the people who have passed before us. Interesting facts about German cemetaries: they pay a monthly fee for their plot, they must be in good standing with the local church or the body will not be allowed to be buried there, if they don't pay the fee or keep the plot well maintained then the body will be exhumed and cremated.


Look closely at the tombstone - 6 people are buried in that spot. On on top of another.

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

What a pretty cemetery! And a good use of space to have so many buried in one spot. I have issues with cemeteries, but I'll save that for another time.

About the wheelbarrows - that's how the shopping carts are kept at Aldi, the low cost grocery store here. I love Aldi. Do they have them there? Seems like it's a German company, if I remember correctly.