 |
| Caleb getting ready for his Homecoming Date. |
On Friday, October 14th, the Heidelberg High School had a date auction. All proceeds went to the Thespian Club for their upcoming Drama Trip. Caleb is a member of the Thespian Club and agreed to be the Mystery Date. I decided to go into the auditorium in order to see how he did. I was so nervous for him - I didn't want him to receive no bids. {There was actually one girl who only received the one opening bid}
When it was Caleb's turn, he sent a friend out in costume and read a little thing that Caleb wrote. Not sure if you have ever seen the Old Spice commercials where the guy says, in a really deep voice, "Look at your man, now look at me, now back at your man, now back at me - sadly, your man is not me." Caleb's little write-up instead of being a bio was a variation on that theme.
As soon as the "Mystery Date" stand-in came out, I heard a girl behind me say, "OH that's Caleb, I HAVE to bid on him." Then I heard her say, "He's so cute and sweet and funny!" And then she proceeded to outbid everyone and "win" Caleb as her homecoming date.
The best thing that happened though was when Caleb came out on stage and revealed himself the kids went WILD. Standing up and screaming, "Caleb, you're so awesome." Phew, I was so relieved! So heartwarming to know that my baby is doing well and has plenty of friends at the high school.
Caleb and Brianna went to eat at a little Italian restaurant (which was filled with high school kids going to Homecoming) and then they walked to the High School for the Homecoming Dance. Both of them said they had a great time! They sure did look cute!
 |
| Every gal crazy about a sharp dressed man! Isn't he handsome? |
 |
| Mama and her boy... |
 |
| Ready to meet his date and go to dinner. |
 |
| Papa and his boy...nearly as tall as his dad | |
 |
| Caleb and Bri at dinner. |
 |
| cute couple at the dance... |
1 comment:
This post made me smile. You have two handsome boys! I love the mystery date.
Post a Comment