blog background

Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's me again!

So today was spent trying to take care of James and playing with craft materials.

Yesterday James had 3 teeth extracted, one crown, and one filling. So he has been pretty sore and groggy. His face is swelling a bit but so far he seems okay. I made him mashed potato soup yesterday and red pepper and tomato soup today. He is on soft foods for a couple of days. Poor guy.

The boys have spent the day playing with their DS Lites or favorite computer games. They love to spend Saturday that way. I really don't care for it though. I feel like we are too separated that way. However, when James is feeling bad it is often a good option. Plus, it enables me to play in my craft room which is just a few feet from the computers.

I made several cards today and took some pictures. Tomorrow or Monday, I hope to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer and then to here.

We are in for some changes soon. Next week we will be attempting to make it to KY to get our visa paperwork started. Silly really. James works in a huge building with about 4500 people. However, most of the people there are with DFAS (Defense Finance and Accounting S (not sure what the S stands for)) and James is actually with HRC - Human Resources Command. HRC's travel and passport people are in Kentucky at Ft. Knox. So, in order for us to get the process started we have to go to KY. Fortunately, it is only 3 hours away from here. Still seems silly that the people here can't help us.

We don't know how long it will take to get our Italian visas. But once we do...we will be scheduling a pack-out date and getting our travel arrangements made. Moving to Italy is going to be a bit different than moving to Germany. But it is still a long process with many steps. But those steps will come fast and furious once things get rolling. We are still trying to decide whether to store some items or just sell them. We are entitled to long-term storage but wondering how the washer and dryer will hold up. They are brand new right now but will no longer be under warranty when we return.

On to other things. I hope to be able to keep friends and family updated on our daily lives. So many small things happen in a day that it is easy to forget them and just remember the BIG things. But in the small details there is humor, pain, witticisms and life. Some times I feel I am just existing and not living. I want to live! And I want to share it with you. Plus, it will be a good way to keep up with the many changes of my guys.

Here is a for example...something I may forget if I don't write it down. Caleb's voice is changing. It has been a source of giggling between James and I for weeks now. Just the way he laughs now cracks us up. Caleb rarely answers the phone, Jared usually beats him to it...well, when I called home the other day I literally didn't recognize the voice of the person who answered. I thought perhaps I had the wrong number when it hit me that it was Caleb who answered the phone. Made me laugh when I realized that his voice had changed so much that I didn't recognize him over the phone. Later, I may forget that moment. But, I don't want to. I want to remember the trees and the forest - not one or the other.

If you have held on this long then thank you for reading my ramblings. Just some random thoughts I thought I would record. Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you would like to hear about.

Angy

No comments: