Not much to say today. James is feeling somewhat better after his oral surgery. But now he thinks he has a sinus infection. The last 6 months have been hard on him. I hope this is the last of his troubles and he can start feeling better.
He is now watching the Super Bowl while I am paying bills and getting ready to play in my craft room again. I have pictures but need to figure out how to post them here. Hopefully, I can figure it out before leaving for the night.
Thank goodness I don't have to work tomorrow either! WooHoo, now that we are getting ready to move to Italy my work schedule has shortened dramatically. I am so grateful for that. The checks were nice but I was so tired at the end of a day. Working for 5-7 hours (on my feet the whole time) and then coming home to wolf down lunch before teaching the boys. I would literally fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Now, I will actually have more time with the boys and I have missed that. I have hated the time they spent alone. They are old enough but I preferred at least being in the house with them.
I might even have the time to get back into a good exercise routine. That would be nice - I haven't been super fit in a long time. But, in Garmisch, I was getting pretty firm and strong. I wasn't embarrassed to be seen in my tight stretchy work out pants with a shirt tucked in. Now, though, I wear them with a big sweatshirt!
Living in Indiana has definitely been an experience. It is probably not IN but we have not enjoyed living here. The last year has just been so depressing for us. We came back to the US hoping to live closer to family, buy or build our own home, plant a large garden...live a more self-sustaining type of lifestyle. That was our dream. Instead we ended up a 26 hour drive from family in a subdivision that we fondly refer to as the Vinyl Village. We are in the middle of the corn fields right off of the interstate and have to drive to get anywhere to do anything. Much different than living in the Alps where we would strap on the roller blades, jump on a bike or just put on our running shoes and go... Go to the local Eis Cafe (Italian ice cream - can't be beat), walk or ride to the base and go to the library, walk the trails, hike around the Eibsee or the Reisersee, hike the trails between villages, ride our bike to the neighboring village, grab a basket and walk to the german grocery store and more. Now we have to get into the car to do anything - even just to get groceries or go to the library. That has been so disheartening and depressing for us.
We met fabulous people at church and love them. They have definitely been THE bright spot in our time here. Unfortunately, it is not enough. Great to have a church to worship and fellowship with but that doesn't fill the hole in our hearts that was left by living in Germany. We have prayed very hard for the last year and are now blessed with James getting a job offer for Vicenza Italy. We have also been in contact, already, with 3 different couples that are there in Vicenza or a short distance away (28 miles) that are missionaries there associated with our church. So unlike the Alps we will not have to home church - we will have others to worship and fellowship with that are like believers. What a wondeful opportunity for our boys too. They are so new in their faith and we think that this a wonderful way for us all to GROW in our faith and learn how to share it with others.
Speaking of being new in their faith...the boys served communion with James today for the first time. I was so proud to see them up there. Even with their confused and nervous faces. They did a great job! The three of them will be serving communion all month. Another way the boys can learn to serve and be a part of the worship service.
Well, I guess I will close for now. I have given you plenty to read. Mostly today I wanted to give you a bit of a background into our last year. Hopefully, it will give you insight into why we are making some of the decisions the way we are.
God bless you all!
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment