blog background

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time just gets away from me

Really and truly I have been wanting to post to this blog almost daily. But then time gets away from me and I end up not getting it done. With all the things that are going on here it is easy to get side tracked and not get anything done.

We are trying to clean up and declutter, I am starting up a handbag business (check out www.bagolitas.com/angyhughes ), trying to declutter my stamp room and get a lot of cards made for various reasons - gifts, etc., homeschool the boys, and plan the things we may need to purchase before leaving for Italy. i.e. trying to find a place to buy wheat that isn't too expensive with their shipping charges, food products that are not perishable that we will probably not be able to get in Italy - like dried buttermilk. So much to do and so little time.

Time ~ now that is another issue. We still do not have our visas but they will be coming soon. Once they come in though it will be a race to the finish. Household goods being packed up, deciding what goes to long-term storage, ship our vehicle, say good-bye to everyone, get the house cleaned and ready for inspection and fly out. Just super crazy busy. Trying not to get stressed out, everything will happen in its own time and it will all get done. This I know but trying not to stress about it still is hard.

Add to all that the stress of going to see our family. It was so dramatic in many ways. I know that they are hurting and sad we are going. So are we. However, we can't stay here and fall further into a depression. Working at jobs we don't like that keep us from family time. Too far away from family and so much more. It would take days to describe it all and I don't have time to write it all - nor you probably to read it all. Suffice it to say that yes we will be further away from our family but we will probably have more funds for the trip back to see them. And Lord willing, this will be a job that James enjoys more. We know we will enjoy the environment more than where he is currently. Anyway, the trip to NM was painful. It really made me sad and I hope some day to be able to express my sadness to those family members who just don't understand why we are doing what we are doing. Add to that the fact that they are unhappy in their lives where they are right now and it just contributed to them not being (or at least appearing) to be happy that we were there to visit.

On to something else. Today is absolutely beautiful - as soon as we got home and changed from church and lunch we went outside to enjoy the sunshine. James and Jared roller bladed. Caleb rode his bike and I walked. I have had hip pain for some time and riding a bike doesn't help with it, neither does roller-blading to be frank. I am also terrible at braking and slowing down when roller blading and pretty nervous because of it. So I walked! It was quite nice though to enjoy the sunshine like that. Got my vitamin D for the day. Hopefully the weather will hold out so that we can go out and enjoy it every day (at least for awhile - it is spring time after all).

Sorry, I haven't been doing a good job here lately. I will try to rectify that now! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I so understand about time slipping away and the blog falling behind. That is the constant state of my blog. I need to figure out how to post via email.

I am sorry that your NM trip was so hard for you. I really hope your family does understand someday. And I pray the move to Italy is everything you need.

Angy said...

Thanks Cindy for your thoughts ~ I really appreciate it.

:::b r a n d i::: said...

I'm just happy to see you blogging again. I missed your updates.

Not everyone will always understand the decisions we make for our families, especially when they are different decisions than what they would make themselves. The only thing you can do is be confident that the path you guys have chosen is the right one for you and pray. God will bless you and your family will just have to understand that what is right for you may not be right for them but that is okay.

I'm extremely happy for your family. I know that you have wanted to go back overseas since you got back, and you seem tremendously happy there. Sure, it's a bummer for those of us so far away that we can't see you easily, but that's what the internet and airplanes are for. Personally I'm jealous.