Jared modeling a new sweater.
This year it was hard for James and I to get into the Christmas spirit. So many things happening starting with the big move from Italy to Germany. Not to mention the fact that we both feel really blessed to have what we have. We have so much, everything we need and most everything that we want. There really wasn't anything more we wanted to get as a Christmas present. Since there wasn't anything we really wanted or needed it was hard to purchase things for each other. We did get a couple of things the boys asked for but again they pretty much have everything they want. What a blessing to have so much and need so little.
I did enjoy making gifts for family members and thinking about what they could use. And I will continue to do that. Next Christmas though, James and I aer thinking of doing something for another family or for a charity instead of gifts to each other. I think that will make a nice Christmas tradition - bless someone else as we have been blessed.
Have a Happy New Year! May 2011 bring you the peace and blessings you desire. And may the next year be the best one yet!

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I agree about blessing others. We didn't buy anything for Kate this year because we knew she wouldn't know the difference, and she has so many grandparents and others who would spoil her. I bought several things for the toy drive at Nick's company instead.
Post a Comment