The last few days here have been smoking hot. Really it is just so uncomfortable at times. Not the same as when you can go from your air conditioned house into your air conditioned car and then into an air conditioned building. Our house only has 2 air conditioners so the entire house is not kept cool. Fortunately, the bedrooms are the 2 air conditioned rooms so we can sleep comfortably.
The lack of air conditioning does make working around the house quite sticky and sweaty at times. Not to mention trying to get your workout in.
Last night when we were preparing dinner for our Sunday evening English bible study we were just so hot. We were making fajitas and it was just roasting in the kitchen. I think it was around 87 in our kitchen when we were cooking. We did have fans going but it just didn't help.
We are thinking it might be good to just have sandwiches and fruit smoothies for dinner from now on. At least until the heat breaks and it starts to cool down. We have heard that in September it does start cooling down. So hope that is true. I would really enjoy having some cooler temperatures to enjoy.
Because it is so hot right now we are waiting until it cools down before traveling. James and I have no desire to walk around in the heat with a bunch of other sweaty people (many of whom do not use deoderant). I know we will enjoy seeing the sights more when we are not sweating to death.
There are quiet a few places we have on our list of must-sees. Rome, Cinque Terre (again), Mt. Pasubio, Croatia, , Pompeii, and more. The first place that I know we are going to see is Mt. Pasubio. Mt. Pasubio was very important during WWI. There are a series of 52 tunnels that were dug into the mountain as a way to keep supplies giong etc. The view is supposed to be amazing and I can't wait. We will be hiking the 52 tunnels 2 weeks after school starts.
Well, just wanted to give a quick update.
Ciao for now!
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

2 comments:
Must feel like you're back in Texas, huh?
I remember not wanting to cook in our kitchen either. We lived on sandwiches. It will cool down and be gorgeous! Travel every weekend you can!!! School is good about letting you be gone and enjoy the surrounding views!!! Are you ready for my olive oil order yet? Kellie PS More coupons are on the way!
Post a Comment