blog background

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shopping in Nove




I went shopping today with a friend. We went to Nove which is about a 30 minute drive from my house. I was able to go in and buy some of the dishes that James and I liked when we first visited Nove. The ceramic store we shopped in is called the VBC. The collection I purchased is actually sold in the states as the Lenox brand.

I spent a total of 90€ which is about $135. In the US I would spend around $275 for these items. (Of course, you know me, I wouldn't actually spend that amount of money for 4 dinner plates(6€ or $20 each) , 4 soup bowls (3.50€ or $14.99 each), 4 individual square pasta bowls (6€ or $23.99 each), 1 large square pasta bowl(9€) 1 large serving tray (9€) and one divided 3 compartment serving tray (9€)) On the last three items I couldn't find an equivalent dollar amount however, I am sure they would be over $25 each. Definitely wouldn't pay that but I didn't mind the more than 1/2 price discount for some beautiful dishes.

I have the dishes washed and made room for them in the Polish Pottery cabinet - though now I guess it needs to be called international cabinet since it has Polish Pottery, French ceramics, Japanese porcelain, Texas ceramics, German ceramics and now Italian ceramics. However, the largest portion of the the dishes are Polish in origin. Just wanted to share my latest purchase.

Oh and the Festa Italia is this weekend. A big bazaar on base where many vendors from all over Italy and perhaps Europe come and let us see what they have to offer. Can't wait! May have more purchases to post soon.

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

That's gorgeous porcelain! I'd love to see pics of your whole china cabinet with your international collection!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took you THIS long to get to VBC! Glad you had a good time. Beautiful choices! Kellie