blog background

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Unexpected guest

While making a cake today I was interrupted several times by an odd sound. It was a crackling almost electrical in nature sound. It spooked me enough that I finally stopped what I was doing to check it out. And that is when I saw this little guy.





Isn't he gorgeous? If you look closely though you can see that the nails on his little claws are way overgrown. He has not been cared for very well if he was a pet. I have never seen a bird in the wild with claws so overgrown so I am pretty sure he was an escaped pet. Now today was market day and they do sometimes sell pretty little birds like this one there. We are only a few blocks away from the market area so maybe he is just an escapee?

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Ah, what a sweet little guy! Gorgeous feathers.