Over the Christmas holiday the boys and I, and James to some extent watched our friends Yorkies, Bella and Callie. We had them for about 3 weeks while Di and her boys went to the US for Christmas. It was fun but tough at times. Jared has been dying to get a puppy but after watching these dogs I think he is almost over that desire. He loves the playing and snuggling but only for a short time. He doesn't enjoy the potty training and cleaning up after the accidents or the constant playing that needs to be done when you have a young puppy. Bella was easy, she is very calm and laid back and about 2 years old. Callie, however, I think has ADD and is only about 3-4 months old. She was very excited all the time and loved to run and play and bite and chew. She needed lots of attention ALL the time. It was a bit of work that we weren't used to but we enjoyed them.
When Di returned after Christmas she brought us a Kindle, a cover with light and gift certificates for all of us so we could load our Kindle up. Wasn't that nice? I have already loaded the Kindle up with: the bible, Matthew Henry's complete, unabridged 6 volume commentary on the bible, The Politically Incorrect Wife and a couple of free classics and a couple of free games. Jared loaded the Kindle up with Septimus Heap books. Caleb chose to spend his gift certificate on a DS game and an ipod cover and James hasn't spent his yet. I still have a bit of studying to do to completely figure out how to use this thing. But we are having fun with it and we are so thankful for a generous friend like Di.
Thanks DI!
okay so the pictures were correct when I went to load them. However, this was about the 10th try to get them to load so I am not trying again. enjoy and please forgive me for the upside down and sideways photos.

1 comment:
What a fun gift!
Post a Comment