Okay, so I have been allowing the panic and chaos of getting ready to move to keep me from blogging. So please forgive me...
In 5 days they will come to pick up our air shipment. I think we have just about everything ready for that shipment. We had suitcases packed so we would know which clothes needed to go in the air shipment. I also have my priorities straight and packed my craft suitcase for the hotel and my craft supplies for the air shipment. Funny, huh? But I know that living in a hotel I will need an outlet. Something that keeps me from going crazy. I will have the laptop also and hope to get started on some digi-scrapping. Definitely something I can work on while the guys are involved in video games or tv shows.
Anyway, back to the moving issues. On Monday the pick up the air shipment. Starting Tuesday they will be packing up the rest of the house for the sea shipment. I have already started putting electric appliances that we won't need in their boxes (most of these will be stored - i.e. griddle, crock pot, blender) (most of our electronics -tv, dvd players etc are dual voltage so we can use them both places without a transformer. The shipping company has scheduled 4 days for this pa ck out but it has never taken more than 3 days. Hopefully, this will be the case next week. Even though we aren't actually packing the boxes it is still a very tiring day. Watching the packers, trying to make sure that the notations (which are very small and hard to read) are correct (i.e. damaged, scratched, torn etc) and that everything is listed. We noticed just moments after the packers left in Garmisch that our new camera that still had photos on it was not on the list. It was too late. It was stolen and we had no recourse. Nothing! We have listed all our serial numbers etc but we need to make sure that they have everything on the list. It is difficult to do. Just so busy and usually several people in the house. Coming in, going out for smoke breaks etc. Hard to keep track of everyone and everything. Our house here is smaller than the house in Garmisch was so it will be a bit easier to keep track of everyone (Garmisch had 3 levels plus a cellar and 3 entrances - this house has only 2 levels - still 3 entrances but 2 are within sight of each other.
I am trying to take DEEP, CLEANSING breathes so as to not get too panicked. I just keep telling myself that everything will get done and it will be okay. However, after the Great Pack-Out we will be relaxing in a extended stay hotel. I found one with a king-sized bed in its own bedroom, queen size pull-out sofa in the living room with a kitchen. Yeah, we won't have to eat out every meal. PLUS, it has an indoor pool and jacuzzi, small gym, free hot breakfast (not just continental) and free appetizers and soda on Tues-Thur. The receptionist said the apps were heavy enough that they could be a meal. I figured we could also live off of those new frozen veggies that are steamed in the microwave and rotissirie chicken. (No oven but we will have a microwave, refrigerator and stove-top with all the dishes and pots we need). Oh and the wireless internet is free. Yeah! The boys and I will be able to work on our school work, workout in the gym and then go for a swim. A sandwich or something easy for lunch and we are set. Makes the day less stressful and less likely to gain weight that way. (fingers crossed)
So that is the news for now. I have still taken the time to get some stamping done and am enjoying playing with some Copic markers. I have also gotten the house pretty organized and cleaned up. So we should be ready by Monday. Just need to separate everything in the garage into air, sea or storage shipments.
Please keep us in your prayers. We just need to stay calm and focused and try not to take our stress out on each other.
Blessings....
Angy
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
Wow, I can't believe it has arrived so quickly! I know you guys are ready. I can't fathom the stress of having so many people in and out during that pack out process. I would have to have a sedative, LOL.
Post a Comment