blog background

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 2 - The Great Pack-Out

So, today was day 2 of the Great Pack-Out. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep and so I was up at 4:30 this morning. I got out of bed and watched a tv show on the laptop, finished up my bible study and then showered - and all before 6:30 am. Crazy,huh? Of course, by 2:30 pm I was wiped out - especially when you consider the coffee maker had been packed up on Day 1. Do you know how difficult it is to try and take a nap to paper crinkling and tape ripping? Very!

Oh course, James was a sweetie and took me to Starbucks for a coffee after the packers left for the day. Thank goodness! Still, I have a horrible headache and I am not sure how long I will make it tonight. Hoping I sleep better tonight. Thought I slept okay last night but once I woke up I just couldn't get back to sleep.

Tomorrow they will finish packing up and then start the inventory list. They will also wrap up all the wood furniture - dressers, book shelves, etc. Thursday morning they will start loading the crates on the truck. They anticipate it taking until Friday. Weird though it has only taken a day the other moves for them to pack up the truck. But, then these guys are taking 3 days to pack the house so I guess it could take them 2 days to pack the truck.

I am looking forward to this being over. I think it has been the least stressful move though. I guess the months of anticipation and purging and organizing has really helped. I tried to be brutal with some things and just get rid of them. I am sure I will find things on the other side that I feel like I should have gotten rid of. But at least we did a lot of it on this side of the ocean. Definitely can't wait to move into the hotel so we can get back to some sense of normalcy. We have our school books ready, plus swim trunks, goggles and work out clothes. So we should be able to complete some school work and get PE done as well.

Tonight is the PTI (Papertreyink) new release party. I love that company and their stamps, card stock and ink. Wonderful designs, great projects and super customer service. The only problem is that the new releases are released at 12:01 am on the 15th of the month (that is apparently when the website updates for orders). Last month I placed an order early the morning of the 15th (but not midnight early) and there were several items that were already out of stock. Really want to stay up late tonight because I know that several of the items are sure to be sold out that I really want for my crafting needs. We shall see if I can make it that late. Fingers crossed....I hope, I hope, I hope.

All in all, I am blessed. Life is good and with God's grace and mercy I am working through the things that are not that good. (In all honestly though there isn't much that isn't good.)

Whoops, forgot to add that the weather for out pack-out is horrible. Yesterday, it was so cold and rainy. It rained all day - just seemed to come down in sheets. Today, it was more mistly but still cold. I hope that Thursday is not wet. Don't want mold to have an opportunity to grow on our things. About 40 here right now but in Italy it is 70. WooHoo - can't wait to get to the warmer weather.

Italia here we come!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you stay up late and place your order? Enjoy Day 3! Love, Kellie