Yes, I am both. Wednesday I thought all I had was the ending of a cold or flu because I had a scratchy throat and had lost my voice almost completely. I figured me losing my voice had the side benefit of making James happy - lol. Then things could just be quiet around here. Unfortunately, when I got up on Thursday morning I felt even worse. Coughed so hard while showering that I thought I might have cracked a rib. No rest for the weary though since we had to take the Escape to St. Louis for shipping. Very hard to concentrate on driving when being racked with coughing fits. Still didn't get better and ended up feeling even worse on Friday morning. James called and got me a dr. appt. I have a sinus infection, the start of double ear infections and the beginning of bronchitis. The doc loaded me up on meds - I have an antibiotic, albuterol, nasonex and mucinex dm. Oh what joy! He gave me all of these in hopes of loosening up the sinus pressure so that I would be okay to fly tomorrow. Certainly hope it works.
Today I feel different then yesterday. Not great - just different. Feels like a little less sinus pressure. Ears are still bothering me. Think I coughed up a lung this morning when showering. But now I just have the icky head that comes with allergies. The nasonex is supposed to help with that but I think I will be taking one of James' allergy pills too. Occasionally, I am still racked with a coughing fit and bouts of sneezing but all in all not quite as bad as yesterday.
Today, we are changing hotels. Staying at one close to the airport with a shuttle to the airport. I also decided that my suitcase was just too heavy. So I am taking a small duffle bag and putting the stamping supplies I just don't want to lose in it (like my Copic markers and my PTI stamp sets). Then I will add a couple of outfits - small light weight tshirts, a pair of capris, undies and one workout set of clothes. That is it. I really would like to carry on that bag but it is so stinkin heavy. Can't see lugging that onto and off of a plane 3 separate times. Plus, James would have to lift it into the overhead compartment for me. And with me being sick right now I need to make things as easy as possible.
Had a great time last night with our friends from church. We just sat around eating dinner and then talking and laughing. We covered such varied topics. A wonderful way to say good-bye.
Well, the laundry is almost done and we will be heading to lunch and moving hotels. So I guess it is time to say good-bye for now.
Angy
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
I'm praying for your safe arrival in Italy! I can't even imagine flying while sick...you poor thing!
Post a Comment