blog background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6 - Being Fed


Tonight we had English Bible study with our friends. Titus & Angie and the girls came, they brought Ann with them. Davide & Reynaldo came together. This was Davide's first time attending our study. He is on winter break from college. He attends a university in the US and his parents are members of the church we attend in Vicenza. Reynaldo is a great friend from Venezuela that also happens to live here and attend church in Vicenza.

Today, we learned sad news for us but happy for Reynaldo. He is going home to Venezuela. His fiancee and family are there. It will be such a blessing for him to be home with his family again. We will miss his smiling face though. I am so glad he was able to attend this last English Bible study.

We had a good time singing and then discussing the lesson. The lesson today was "The Lord is My Shepherd". A very strong point of the lesson is that God leads us to the green pastures that we need for this moment - not verdant rolling hills of green that give us what we want and need for a while, rather the barren, rocky hills where there are patches of green that will feed us NOW. Such an important lesson. One that reminds me that God provides for me what I need when I need it and if I don't have enough for tomorrow that is the way he plans it. I need to lean on him and let him lead me to where I need to be at this moment. So we fed upon the word tonight and it was good.

We also had a great time eating dinner and just laughing at the table. At the end of the evening before everyone left we took a few pictures in front of our tree.

enjoy! Merry Christmas!
here we are being just a little crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I needed to hear that today. Love you, girl! Kellie