blog background

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So much has happened

So much has happened since I last posted. Nothing earth shattering but enough that I should have posted sooner.

Jared had school Holiday to Remember program. He enjoyed performing so much. The Vicenza Elementary School 6th grade performed for about an hour. I watched them practice on Tuesday before the performance because I was a substitute for one of the 6th grade teachers that day. I was able to get a few pictures but the lighting wasn't great in the room they performed in. That is the reason the picture is so dark.
I tried taking pictures but during the program the Snowman's hat was tall enough that you couldn't see Jared at all. In this picture so you can the aforementioned snowman and her hat. If it wasn't the snowman hat in the way then it was Jared's friend who was playing Santa Claus that hid him from sight. Then for the evening performance before the tree lighting I watched the kids practice and had the perfect line of sight to see Jared. They left to rest and came back about 20 minutes later. I was able to get this one good photo during the practice. Meanwhile I was still standing in the same spot. Unfortunately, Jared was now standing behind the microphone that had a huge snowflake on it. Yes, you guessed it the snowflake was right in front of Jared's face. So no photographs of this event either. None that worked that is. However, one of the women who had a son (the one who played Santa Claus and stood right in front of Jared) in the program was also taking photos. Her son is a friend of Jared's and they stood next to each other in the evening Tree Lighting performance. So she made sure to get photos of both of them. Now when she gets me the photos I will post them for all to see.

We had our Holiday dinner for our FRG (Family readiness Group). Every military family has a group like that. I made the center pieces for the main table and they were given out as door prizes. While Jared doesn't believe in Santa Claus he did take the opportunity to sit on his lap.
And judging from the look on Caleb's face he was caught by James and his "surprise" photographs. Something like candid photos only he likes seeing how silly of a face he can capture.
Also during this dinner the Colonel of 509th Signal Battalion came up and shook my hand. He thanked me for the work I have done for the FRG. He left this coin in my hand.

This is the first coin I have ever received. Not sure what to do with it. Think I will put it with the many coins James has received.

I know there is more to tell but I will save that for another post.

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Ok, tell us about the coins....I have never heard of them.