On Wednesday afternoon James and I had to sit through a mandatory drivers education briefing. Basically letting us know information that will assist us in passing the SETAF drivers test (our version of the Italian test but in English). Apparently, it was also the place for the no drinking and driving lecture also. We went over fines, blowing hot, what could happen if we get a DUI, etc. I think this was mainly for the soldiers because he also went over what they are supposed to do if they are out drinking and do not have a "safe" ride home. I could really have done without that hour long lecture. Especially since it was smokin' hot in the classroom, we were packed in there like sardines and there wasn't really a breeze at all. Add to that the uncomfortable chairs and you make a pretty miserable and boring afternoon.
However, there was a bright spot for me! When I realized we were moving overseas I put my USAREUR drivers license back into my wallet - so that I would have it to drive in Germany. It is still valid for another year. I found out that with a valid, non-expired USAREUR (US Army Europe) license I wouldn't have to take the test for the SETAF (Southern Europe Task Force) license. This test is easier than its German counterpart so I wasn't worried about passing it. But, who takes a test when they don't have to???? Not me!! And I didn't. I took my Indiana license, USAREUR license and my slip saying I attended class and got my SETAF license right there. HE did confiscate my USAREUR license (supposedly the SETAF one is good in Germany? - have to check on that) and he will give me a certified copy of it so I can renew it. Perhaps when I renew it I can keep it since he will still have my old one? One can hope.
Unfortunately, I thought James had his USAREUR license with him but he did not. So today he had to take the test. He passed the test this morning so we are now BOTH legal to drive in Italy. Now, if we only had a car....
Ciao for now!
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
Good for you for being prepared in advance!
Post a Comment