I was busy for a week with Benvenuti (welcome) - a class offered for the spouses of those who are new to the base. I will add some photos and try to explain them but I may break it up into several bloggos - because let's be honest I have a ton of pictures.
A quick recap though - Day one of Benvenuti - B-O-R-I-N-G! Mainly this was informing the spouses of what was available and I think this pertained more to the Army wives than me. But I guess it is good info (I got the same info at the briefing I attended). Day two - trip to Venice - we skipped out on this day for several reasons: first one because we had been there before, 2nd - the weather was so hot and I didn't feel like tramping all over Venice at a fast clip in the heat (our guide walks very fast and actually lost someone in February due to this) and third - since we are just getting here we have at least 3 years to make another dozen or so trips to Venice. I would prefer going when it is a bit cooler. So we will wait for fall before make the 45 minute train trip or 1 hour drive to Venice. Day 3 - Tour of downtown Vicenza. Not too bad but again pretty hot and we walked at a pretty fast pace. The boys came with us for this trip (but not to the boring meeting on day one). We learned how to take the bus, which bus to take to downtown and back - this was easy BUS 1. This was supposed to be a walking tour but it was mainly walking. Our guide really didn't give us much information but their were a couple of things she did explain and that was nice. And day 4 - this was the BEST day by far. Our guide drove us to Marostica, Nove and then Rossana. I will explain more about this trip in its separate posts. So...
Ciao for now!
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
Ah, to be able to skip a tour of Venice because you've already been. LOL. Happy to see a new post from you!
Post a Comment