blog background

Friday, May 8, 2009

Pizzeria

my sweet boys

Caleb & Bella

On Tuesday we ate pizza with our new friends Titus (center), Angie (in white, left corner), their daughter Bella and Ann (right corner). We met at Titus and Angie's home and walked to the local pizzeria for dinner. When we arrived we were the only ones there. Typically in Italy and Germany most people don't go out for dinner until around 8 pm. So us arriving at 6:30 or so put us there really early.(we forgot to take pictures so this is the only picture we got of our new friends - hopefully we will do better the next time we are together.)

The owner Piero told us about his special that day. 10 Euros per person got us all a drink and how ever much pizza we could or wanted to eat. He chose the toppings but would welcome our suggestions. The first 2 pizzas were partially cheese for Caleb and then meat for everyone else. The next were veggie. He brought out two pizzas at a time. Surprising I thought we could eat more pizza then we actually did. Finally when he brought the last pizza out we remembered to take a picture. That pizza was especially for Angie and I. She wanted veggies, I wanted red and yellow bell peppers and gorgonzola cheese. Oh and just cheese portion for Caleb, of course. Man was that tasty. No one else wanted our veggies. That was okay with me.


Wish I would have taken pictures of our walk back to Angie & Titus' home. Bella, who is not quite 2 years old, walked in between Caleb and her father, holding both of their hands. I walked behind them and watched as her little head turned up and just gazed at Caleb so adoringly. It was priceless and just precious. I told him that he had an admirer. What sweet boys I have - when we returned to Bella's house, they walked around and talked with her, looked at her books with her and when she pointed to the couch and told them to sit - they did. So cute to watch. I think she already has them wrapped around her finger and they have only known her for a little more than a week.

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Aw....that is so sweet! The boys are getting so big...I can't believe it.