blog background

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pictures of our "home"

So my great friend Brandi, hi Brandi, told me I needed to add photos so you can really get a feel for how we are doing. So that is today's or at least this morning's post. I hope to add more later.

The first photos are of our bedroom and the living room (Caleb & Jared's bedroom).

Here is our tiny kitchen - near the stove-top you will see a cabinet - that is actually our refrigerator.


Not sure if you read the previous post but now I will show you the key to our room

This key not only gives us access to our room but it allows us to get free cappuchinos and hot chocolates from this wonderful machine.

Here is the Italian translation of the English on the actual buttons.
My favorites are #14 cappuccino with chocolate and #43 hot strong chocolate (dark chocolate). And here is the tiny cup of cocoa/cappuccino that I get from the machine. Not the oversized American cappuccino as you can see.



Today we will be exploring the base and maybe even venture off base. James will be taking photos outside so I hope to have more photos to post later. Our new friends, Titus & Angie (American missionaries here at the Italian church) will be picking us up for church tomorrow. Titus does the preaching in Italian, sometimes there is translation into English. We will see how it goes tomorrow. But this will give us a great incentive to learn Italian quickly so that we can understand the lessons and assist in the services. Plus, Titus and I were talking yesterday about possible bible classes we could have for the English speaking part of the congregation. It looks like, with the addition of our family, that the number of English speakers will be 9. But since Titus and Angie's beautiful daughter isn't quite 2, I think that number is really 8. This will be an interesting and exciting opportunity for us.

Closing for now so we can go explore. Be sure to check in later.

A

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

woo-hoo, photos!! Thanks for posting!

That kitchen is so teeny!! I've never seen a stovetop that small. It's so cute! i'm sure you're more than ready to be using a bigger one though.