blog background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today and last Sunday

Last Sunday we weren't able to attend church. Why, you ask? Titus & Angie called us first thing in the morning to see what we were doing. Then in a very calm, almost nonchalant voice she asks if we can take Bella for the morning. I said sure. Then she explained that she thought she was in labor and preferred Bella to not be there. She wanted a home birth and previously wanted Bella to be there to preserve her routine. So we picked up Bella and Pam, the intern for our church for the summer, and brought them to our hotel. We showed Pam around the base because she had never been on a military base before. Then we stopped at the commissary for breakfast since none of us had eaten yet. We came back to our hotel, ate breakfast and then just spent time chatting and watching a movie with Bella. Here is Bella with the boys on their "bed". Now, keep in mind that we got the call around 8 am and arrived back at our hotel a little after 9 am. At 10 am we received another call from Titus, this time telling us that baby Kaewynn Hope was already born. She was in labor for an hour and a half before giving birth. Simply amazing. We took Bella home around 1 pm and saw the amazing handiwork of God in the beautiful, hours old, baby girl. This Sunday was a typical service for us. Service in Italian, singing in Italian, James giving a prayer for the Lord's supper in English and then Titus partially translating the service for us. (He whispered this while sitting behind us). Then they announced that after church instead of Sunday school they were taking the children to see a Children's Choir in the square. So we walked down there with them and enjoyed the show. The voices of the children was so sweet and pure. We took a short video of it and if I can I will upload it to the website as well. I must close for now. I hope you have enjoyed the update. Sorry it has taken so long.


Ci vidiamo!

ps. going to add the choir photos later. I have been sitting here for almost an hour waiting for the photos and video to load. At this time of night the hotel internet just gets so slow. I will try to add them in the morning when everyone has gone to work. Plus, I have a couple of other things I would like to blog about so I can try and add that as well.

1 comment:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Wow, an hour and a half?? I wish I could be that lucky!!