blog background

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And a Star is Born...

Today we received a phone call at 11:30 am asking if Jared wanted to be in an AFN (Armed Forces Network) television commercial. If he did we needed to be on base by 1 pm. His job, should he choose to accept it, would be to annoy the “mom” in the commercial, along with the 2 other children. He said that he thought he could do that.

At the time that we received the call I was at my friend’s house using her super hi-speed internet. So, we shut the computer down and raced home to eat lunch. Then we raced to the base so that we would make it on time.

This time I opted to take the tangenziale. The tangenziale is the road that runs alongside the Autostrada (which is a toll road). I decided to take this route because it is supposed to be faster. There are less rotari to take (traffic circles) and a faster speed limit. I was really nervous though because I had never taken this route before and didn’t want to get off on the wrong exit. Or worse, miss my exit. However, we did make it okay and on time.

We went to the AFN office and waited for the commercial to shoot. The kids had to sit in the back seat of a car and sing annoying songs while the “mom” rolled her eyes and then turned on AFN Eagle (the radio station). Because the car they were sitting in was American made it couldn’t actually pick up the radio station and that part had to be played on an IPOD. Too funny!

Shooting the commercial took over an hour. Jared said it was fun but a little hot. They did sit outside in the sun in a vehicle for most of that time. Glad he enjoyed it though.

Ci vidiamo!