Recognize that as the line from a Johnny Cash song? I do and I will tell you why I refer to it.
Yesterday (Tuesday) the boys and I went to the base around 9 in the morning to get our sogiorrno photos taken. This photo will be put onto an ID card that shows that the Italian government has given us permission to live here. The sogiorrno is in addition to the mandatory Visa we had to get in our passports. And it is a long process to get this too.
Anyway, after getting our picture taken, I went to check on a different internet provider while the boys went to the library to play on the computers and check out books. After checking on Goldnet internet service I headed to the PX because I knew that I needed to buy something. The problem was I forgot what I was in there to get. I walked around most of the place in hopes that I would jog my memory but alas that did not happen. (I didn’t actually remember until sometime last night at home). Then I headed to the library to check out books, surf the net and wait for James so we could eat lunch together. It was only about 10:30 or 11 am when I headed to the library.
I walked into the library and reminded Jared that the Summer Reading Program that I dropped him off to participate in was starting. I then took over at his computer and told Caleb he should look outside because it was getting pretty dark.
About 20 minutes later you could hear the thunder start rolling. Just going and going and going. Then we heard a loud rushing sound and looked out the window to see it pouring down. No kidding, the rain was coming down in sheets. The parking lot was full of water.
James was going to ride his bike to meet us for lunch but decided to wait until the rain stopped. I needed to get back to the house by 1 pm so that our temporary furniture could be picked up. (and of course they didn’t get to the house until 3 pm…bit I digress). So, I decided that I would brave the rain and pick up lunch and then we would drive over to James’ office and eat lunch with him.
Well, fortunately I was wearing sandals. The boys, on the other hand, we wearing tennis shoes and socks. I gave them money and told them to walk along the sidewalk and get in line for lunch. I would run our books out to the car and get an umbrella and move the car to a location where they could get in without soaking their feet. I took off my sandals and started to run through the water. But it was so deep that wasn’t really possible. I ended up just wading through water that was over my ankles and it was still raining quite heavily. And, silly me, I had left the umbrella in the car so I had no protection from the rain. Fortunately, for me, I am not made of sugar so I made it okay.
Right after I found a different parking spot and went inside to pick up the boys so we could take James lunch….it stopped raining. Of course! It did, however, rain off and on for most of the rest of the afternoon. Certainly cooled the temp down to the low 70s which was quite nice.
Just a little update here in the heart of Italy!
Ciao for now!
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
You need some fancy rain boots!
Post a Comment