Second game we played after maybe a 20 minute break. This time we were playing AFN (guys from the Armed Forces Network). We started out really well and then let them pull ahead of us by 5. Last inning our last up to bat - this is it the end of the line. One after another we fill the bases then it is 3 runs in. Then 3 more. We pulled it out just in the nick of time. That was an exciting last 5 minutes to the game.
Finally, we are now going to play for first or second. If we win this game we will have to play the same team again to earn First place. Unfortunately the SETAF Delta Company won that game.
I have to say that our guys did an excellent job. They played well. Of course there were errors but I think we did well considering this was the third game in a row for our guys. Out of 10 players we had 6 over 40, one who was 38, one - 31 years, 2 that were mid 20s and one who was 21. The heat was intense and we were outside from 9 am until almost 2 pm. We had two with hamstring pulls, one groin pull, several bad knees and an exhausted team. They still went out there and gave it there all to a team full of under 30 year olds. It was awesome to watch.
I got to watch up close and personal because I was in the dugout too. I started out subbing for someone who wasn't able to make it. I played one game and then one inning of another game. But for the last 4 games I was the Team "MOM". I kept the guys in line. I yelled out the at bats, on decks and next up. I kept track of outs and runs and let the guys know what the score was. Finally, I tried to get them all to drink water or gatorade. I was the Team MOM and it was fun. Can't wait for the next season - maybe I can play then or be the Team MOM again.
James getting ready to pitch a NO HITTER
in the dugout

1 comment:
Yay for second place!
Post a Comment