I know, I know it is not the 4th yet. However, today, Thursday on Caserma Ederle we are having our Freedom Fest. Carnival type games like dunk tank, car smash (both boys really want to do this), bull riding machine and more. Plus, there is free food and drink (except alcohol - this you have to pay for).
So, the boys and I loaded up the car and headed to the base to shop for our Fourth of July BBQ and stay for the Fest. Needed to come a little early to guarantee parking. Caserma Ederle is a very small base and on a good day (no Fest) it can sometimes be difficult to find parking. When you think about all the people who will be coming for the free food and drink you can see how parking might be a problem.
Coming to the base early also explains why I am using the library computers. Interesting side note: I am sitting next to a gentleman from Washington State. What a shocker for him our weather is - around 90 and humid. And the AC here is not like the US where it freezes you out. Here is barely takes the heat out and makes it roughly comfortable. Not sweating to death but you still know its hot outside. Anyway, he his here three weeks with some other folks (a group TDY). Started talking to him and they (the group) are not allowed to rent a car while here. However, they were told to go out and explore and have fun. What???!!!??? How are you supposed to do that when you have no vehicle and no internet where you are staying so that you can check out bus schedules and places nearby to visit? Silly government agencies. So, you all know me, I invited him and his friends (two other guys he hangs out with) to our Fabulous 4th BBQ! We are just having our missionary friends and a few others over. So this will be fun. Just a few people together enjoying the area while celebrating Independence Day with other Americans. James will have to go pick them up since they aren't allowed to rent a car but that shouldn't be a problem.
I purchased most of the items for the BBQ today. Still need to get the meat but I want to wait until right before the FEST to do that. That way I can stick the frozen meat in the cold storage bag and it will keep everything else cold until I can get home. (The cold storage bag keeps things cold and/or frozen for about 5 hours so I have plenty of time).
This means I really have to get cracking tonight and tomorrow on cleaning up the place. Most items are out of boxes and many are in "their" place but I still have some items that are just floating around on various surfaces. And, of course, nothing is on the wall yet. We may not get many of the pictures hung but we can at least have the boxes unpacked, things put away and the boxes stored neatly in a corner.
My craft room and the storage area next too are really bad. I have to take the doors off of my craft cabinet (from IKEA) to change the shelves around. So I can't load it up until I do that. I tried one of the screws yesterday but it was too tight for me and I didn't want to strip out the top so I am waiting for James to take the doors off for me. Then I can finish unpacking craft supplies, organize them and then organize the storage room with whatever is left or staying stored (like Christmas items, sleeping bags, etc.)
I did buy some flowers the other day so that brightens up the front step and the back patio. Looks more homey. I promise to take pictures either tonight or tomorrow and get them sized and posted soon.
Better run. Almost out of library computer time.
A dopo (until later)
Angy
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment