Well today is the day we are supposed to have our internet installed. Yeah! I am so tired of using this little wireless modem and trying to make it work. It takes so long for each page to load. It can take me an hour or more just to check email, try to go to facebook and google anything. Often, I just give up and wait until I can go to the library (still pretty slow) or the weekend when we can take the laptop into James' office and connect.
Now, I believe that what we are getting is not as fast as what I was used to in the US but it will definitely be better than what we currently have. And the boys will be happy because more than one computer will be hooked up to the internet. Currently, it is whichever computer we hook the wireless modem to, only.
Very excited to be finally getting real internet at home.
Today we have another ball game. The 509th lost last night but killed the other time on Tuesday night. Hopefully, we knock it out of the park again tonight. The team we lost too last night though was so arrogant. Just a team of young guys who know they are good and just rub your face in it. Sad thing is the opposing team's cheering section was the same. A couple of our people were sitting in their stands(back to the sun and mostly in the shade) but had to move over to our stands because of how rude they were being. It was awful and apparently there were even rude hand gestures. Cute side note here: I have heard the saying "you kiss your mother with that mouth?" when someone curses but one man last night said "you shake your mother's hand with that wrist?" I thought that was great and funny.
After the game we are also going to be picking up a young girl that is coming in from Florence. Titus and Angie will pick her up at the train station. She is coming to see if she wants to work with our church. Wow, that would be great to have another person here to work with. She is staying with us for the weekend. I don't know her name yet nor even where she is from.
Oh and more good news that we got last Sunday night...the church has purchased 10 headsets for translating the service into English for the few Americans that attend. We only have to bring the batteries for our head sets. This will be great. We will still be singing in Italian but now we will be able to understand the entire message instead of picking out the words we know. Very excited about this prospect.
Well, I need to get started on my day. Hang the laundry on the line, exercise and shower, and do some reading with the boys before we all get to play (me stamping & make cardings and the boys reading or playing games). Can't go anywhere today until after the internet is installed. Hope they are done in time for us to make it to James' ball game tonight.
Miss you all!
Ciao.
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

2 comments:
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I am so glad you are enjoying Italy, yet understand better my comments on it being a 3rd world country! We need all the friends we can get and are so happy to have you and James on our side. Keep praying for us and enjoy Italy. Let me know when you get to the olive oil factory....I have an order for you! Love, Kellie
Yay for internet at home! I hope it works beautifully all of the time for you!
Post a Comment