blog background

Friday, February 13, 2009

Caleb is 13...

On Friday the 13th, my oldest son, Caleb, turned 13. Some say it is unlucky...13 that is. And then Friday the 13th at that. But Caleb and I decided that it is actually like two negatives making a positive - turning 13 and Friday the 13th. And, of course, since I was born on Friday the 13th I always insist that it was LUCKY for me!

Tonight was Caleb's party. He had several friends from church over for pizza and video games. They played Mario Smash Bros, Mario Cart and others on the WII. Then they also played Guitar Hero upstairs on the Playstation. They are spread throughout the house (but not here in MY space - my craft room) and it is pretty quiet. Just conversations and games going on. Everyone seems to be having a good time. Everyone who is left here is staying the night. Some of the kids just live so far away so it makes sense to let them spend the night. "D" didn't but she is a girl and "A" didn't but he is only 7 and his birthday is tomorrow. So the other boys are here for the night. Not sure how long I should let them stay up. Right now it is only 9:30 pm, seems so late for me but I know they won't be ready for bed for quite a while. I am hoping to wrap things up at least by midnight or shortly after. Gives me plenty of time to update my blog and getting some stamping in. James is playing video games with the kids and I hope to get downstairs and take some pictures.

We have been so bad in the last year about taking pictures. We have been so unhappy here that we even let it show in our picture taking. That is a shame. My boys have grown so much in the past year that I am disappointed that I don't have the pictures to show their progress. So tonight I want to get quite a few. Then we will also have pictures of the boys' friends when we are in Italy - so they can look back and remember Indiana fondly.

We will make sure to take a lot of pictures when we go to New Mexico too. It is very important to me that we have pictures of the boys growing up and with their family. We have so many people to see while we are there but not much time. It is hard sometimes. Everyone wants to see us but no one really understands that we do have other family to visit.

I have been meaning to write all week and have just let other things get in the way. I really do want to do a better job and update my blog at least 3-4 times a week. Hopefully, I will get better at it as time goes on. I do appreciate those of you who stick with my ramblings.

Tomorrow, I will post some memories of the boys -actually some notes I took on things they said. Oh so cute and endearing. I found the notes when I was cleaning out my stamp room. Trying to make my room neat for company and the coming move. Anyway, I will post them tomorrow so you can enjoy the memories too!

That is all for now. Have a blessed weekend.

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Happy late birthday to Caleb!! I can't believe you have a teenager now.

Angy said...

I KNOW - me either! I hope he makes it out of the teen years...LOL ;~)