February 2004 ~ One day while riding in our van Jared asks us to put the Do Do song on. (This was Oh Lord, Our Lord ~ during the very beginning of the song they are just making a tune singing do do do do do do do do). Then he very earnestly starts to sing the song. About halfway through the song he states "If I sang this on Star Search, I bet they would love it and give me 5, 5, 5." If you have ever watched the show you know that the best score you can get from a judge is a 5. Oh, the joy of innocence.
Early 2004 ~ One day while playing at McDonald's, Jared says "Some day, when I a preacher..." Then I asked him, "What are you going to preach? The Gospel?" He just looks at me and says, "You know, God stuff." Then I said, "I think that's the gospel, honey."
July 2005 ~ Caleb & Jared are riding in the back seat of the car while we are headed to summer school. (This is a special adventure school that was offered for kids - like a mystery solve the clues game) Jared is speaking in a weird voice. He is repeating the same nonsense phrase over and over. Then Caleb starts doing the same thing. So Jared then says "Caleb, stop it! Caleb, please STOP IT!" He repeats this a few times, getting louder and more whiney each time. Finally, I ask him, "Jared, why are you getting angry at Caleb when he was doing the same thing you were doing?" His reply? "Because, mom, I don't annoy myself."
Now the following memories are of Caleb... (contributed by James)
One day when Angy was mowing the grass when we lived in Texas, Caleb and Jared were across the street at a neighbors house. The neighbor asks why aren't you boys helping mow the grass. Jared, 3 at the time, says "I am too little". Caleb, about 5, says, "Because the women in our house are slaves." The neighbor asks who told you that? Caleb says, "My dad."
I hope you have enjoyed these memories. I hope to come back later today or tomorrow with more memories of Caleb.
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
Slaves!! Ha!
Post a Comment