A couple of weeks ago I promised that I would post a fond memory of Caleb. I have had this in mind for awhile but kept forgetting. This is one of my favorites... (posted by James)
When we lived in Wiesbaden Germany, Caleb was very interested in making animal sounds. His nickname was Dolphin Boy around the military base since he could and still can make a sound like a dolphin. On the road to town from our home, there were quite a few horses in pastures. Once when we were stuck in traffic, I rolled down the window and asked Caleb to whinny to the horses. The horses were all about 100 yards from the car and eating grass. When Caleb whinnied, the horses looked up and started trotting over towards us. He whinnied again and they answered back. He has done this in several places so we know it is not just German horses that he can speak to.
Fast forward about 3 years. (posted by Angy)
The boys and I go for a bike ride out on the country roads that surround our subdivision. While we were riding we pass a house with horses in the pasture beside it. We start to ride past and then I asked Caleb if he thought he could talk to "American" horses. So we decide to stop and see...We park our bikes on the side of the road and go over to the fence. Caleb starts making his whinnying noise (not sure how to spell that word exactly). The horses prick up their ears and turn and look at us. He does this several more times and the horses start to answer back and then come toward us. Really fun to be there and see that happening. Quite unbelievable if I didn't see it and hear it myself.
I am hopeful that we will think of more later.
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
He's so talented.
Post a Comment