I recently got a recipe from a friend and I wanted to try it out. So, while I was making enchilada casserole for James I decided to go ahead and make the chowder too. James came home from work when I was starting dinner and helped me. Oh man, it was a good chowder... a little spicy, probably due to the jalapeno. But it was so tasty. The only change I made to the recipe was that instead of topping with raw green onions, I sauteed the onions first in a little bacon grease and then topped the chowder with them. I will definitely be making this again. Oh, and it is an absolutely beautiful chowder. Really gorgeous. If I had taken a photo I would post it because it is so nice looking. It looks professionally done.
We are heading to KY to get our passport and visa paperwork taken care of. Unfortunately, the weather is supposed to be snowy. I hope that it is not too bad.
The boys and I had a great day today. Well, at least I think so anyway. We finished up most of our school work, got the house completely cleaned and even cleaned off a bookcase. I had the boys decide which books to take to Italy and which to leave in storage. They did a good job. Funny thing is though, the bookshelf has 5 shelves and they actually only put one shelf worth of books in storage. The rest they just couldn't live without. I am so thankful that they love reading. And the memories they have of the books they've read are great.
Oh, and today I got to exercise. I tried Jillian Michael's (from Biggest Loser) 30 Day Shred video. It was hard work but I love the way she justifies it. You can't just dial in or phone in she says - you have to be here and DO IT. No breaks, straight through, that is how you will make the changes your body needs and you want. I agree but it was H-A-R-D! Man, was I sweating. I am hoping to do it every day BUT since we are heading to KY tomorrow I may not be able to. I am still considering getting up early and doing it before I get ready for work. It is only 20 minutes so I might be able to do it. I am just not worth much first thing in the morning.
Normally, I get up early and get ready for work, then I make breakfast for James, prepare his lunch and then visit with him before he leaves. Then I have about an hour of quiet time before I need to leave for work. That means I have been awake for a long time and hold a cognizant, aware, conversation by the time I get to work. Perfect for me because otherwise I would probably not be speaking for the first 2 hours or so. Not sure I will be able to put my all into an early morning workout but I will set my alarm and see how I feel in the morning.
Blessings to all who read this. Thanks for sticking with me.
A---
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

1 comment:
So do you intend to share this beautiful chowder recipe with us or not?
Post a Comment