blog background

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hey Dad, What are these?

When Jared was about 3, we were in Corpus Christi, Texas on vacation. We were getting ready to go to the beach and were changing into our swim trunks. Angy was in the bathroom and the guys were in the room.

Jared was about to pull up his swim trunks when he looked down and asked, "Dad, what are these called again?" I cleared my throat and said, "son, those are called testicles." Hoping that was the end of it, I continued getting dressed. However, Jared still had a very quizzical look on his face. And the question I was dreading came out....."What are they for?" My first thought was to say go ask your mother, but I did not want to sleep alone that night. So, I groped for the proper thing to tell a 3 year old. I said, "well, when you get married, they will help you and your wife to have babies."

I was quite pleased with how brilliantly I handled that. Then out of nowhere, Jared said, "Oh, so I'm only going to have two kids."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How funny!

Unknown said...

That is so funny