Thought I should update you all on James' "issues". He went back to the dentist yesterday and they packed the hole into his sinus cavity with gauze soaked in something (that something had a really funky smell). Then they gave him yet another prescription - this one was a steriod. Poor guy. He is taking an antibiotic, a steriod, pain meds when he needs them, and his cholesterol meds, plus, I think there is one more but I can't remember what it is right now. Then this afternoon after my shower he said that the packing came out and he can feel the air moving between his mouth and sinus cavity again. Apparently, not only is this an odd sensation, it is uncomfortable and will probably lead to a dry socket. He does go back on Monday for them to repack it. (This appointment was already set before the previous packing came out.)
Now, hopefully, we will be going out shopping. Caleb will be turning 13 on Friday and I want to pick up some things he wanted for his birthday. Not sure what else we will do. Only a couple of things that I need to look for. And then James not feeling well will probably lead to us not being out long at all.
I wish I could find some mini-cake pans. I want to make him his own individual cake just the way he likes it. Maybe I will find some today while we are out.
On Thursday we were able to visit friends of ours that we met in Germany. Two different families. Wow it was great! Wonderful to chat with people who KNOW where we are coming from, KNOW what we are dealing with (reverse culture shock), KNOW how we are feeling. You know people who have BEEN there, DONE that and BOUGHT the Polish Pottery to prove it. You ladies know who you are... Even those of you whom I did not get to see on Thursday. And for those of you who don't know what polish pottery is I will post a link to my purchases that we made in Poland. Here . Mind you this is only a portion of it. If you go back through the pages on our website you will see several photos of pottery. This pottery is beautiful and great to bake in. Cleans up so easily too.
Anyway, I know I probably have more to say but I need to go so that we can get the birthday shopping done.
Have a blessed day!
A***
Harvest Fest Collection - Day 2
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment